Saturday 27 April 2013

MIA? AWOL?

Have you been atgraciesplace and I haven't been here? I promise, I'm not AWOL nor MIA.

I've been in the jungle.  The mighty jungle.  Where the lion sleeps, tonight.  haha!

Actually, the lion isn't sleeping.  That's because there's a baby sleeping in his bed! I've been in this jungle for the last week.

There she is...sleeping away....


It was such fun to make! A bit nerve wracking, but anything I tackle does that to me. Or maybe I do it to myself - who really knows?! Each tier is a 3 layer vanilla cake, filled with vanilla buttercream. The outside decorations and pink icing are fondant, and the grass is buttercream. Turned out kinda pretty in my opinion. What do you think?

Do you bake? Do you do fancy things or stick to everyday desserts? There's so much to try in the baking world. Let me know when you take your next adventure!


 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is stunningly gorgeous! I love to bake but nothing this amazing, my one attempt at a fondant cake looked a lot less than professional. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words! I was very pleased with how this came out.

      Delete
  2. The babe on top looks so peaceful!

    Doesn't it break your heart just a little to see your hard work get sliced in to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! If I were there, it might have broken my heart a little. Really, it makes my heart swell to see the reaction the cake gets. Then, I get the heck outta there!

      Delete