Tuesday 11 February 2014

Me Want Cookie!!

Holy moly.  I have found my new obsession! Cookies! ACK!! Not that I've never made them...not that I haven't made some really awesome ones!  I just haven't decorated them.  Nope.  Always wanted to, but never have.  So, here I was, looking for some cool cookie inspiration on line when, out of nowhere (ok, from the images search, but bear with me), I saw these amazingly intricately decorated cookies from a member of Cookie Connection.  That prompted me to investigate further.  And am I glad I did!

I found an awesome sugar cookie recipe by LilaLoa, got to baking, and next thing ya know, it's the middle of the night, and I'm icing cookies.  My kitchen looks like a tree-dwelling, cookie making dwarf got to it! Go ahead, check the link.  I'll wait.

So anyway....It's Teacher Appreciation Week at my son's school.  And Valentine's Day.  And well, I feel the need to send treats to class, personalized of course, and to volunteer to make cookies for all the teachers, teaching assistants, office and janitorial staff, crossing guards and bus drivers.  It sounds like alot but 24 for my boy and 44 for the school isn't really that much. Unless you're the Other Half looking around the kitchen for a clear space to set something down.  Then it's alot!

If you've been following me on Facebook, I have a new page there :)  Go there and "Like" it.  After you've checked these out...



Ok, now go over to Facebook, and like my page.  Go on!  Get!  https://www.facebook.com/atgraciesplace


No comments:

Post a Comment