Thursday 28 March 2013

Peek-A-Boo!

 
I seeeeeeeee you!

Do you know what that is? It's a hyacinth.  Yep.  Poking through the dirt.  A purple one. I took this photo a couple of weeks ago, stunned by how early it was coming up.  The ring in the bottom right of the photo..that's where I had a plant pot over the winter, evidently sheltering this little guy!


There's his little friend, there, on the left.


The beginning of a grouping of tulips...I can't remember which colour these are.  I planted them out of a pot that a friend had given me. It's like a surprise, every spring!


And those daffy daffodils.  They're popping up, too!

I love the beginning signs of spring.  It makes me feel so hopeful for the newness of everything.  Does that make sense to you?

What's your favourite part of spring? The smell of the fresh dirt? Seed shopping? Waiting for the nurseries and garden centres to open? Tell me! And tell me what you plant in your garden. 

I've started planning mine...And it includes one really neat-o kind of plant.  But, I'm not telling until you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment